Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installers wont open

• Please log in to reply

Tissue

Tissue

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I am trying to install project reality v.9 but when i go to open the installer from my download folder the folder just freezes and when i mouse over it it has the loading symbol. I got part one to install by luck i guess, but part 2 just doesnt want to open. This happens to only some programs though. I try to run as Administrator and i have tried to install Windows Installer V4.5 but neither of these worked. When i open windows task manager it shows it in the processes but the cpu is normal so its not doing anything. This is really annoying me so im open to any suggestions.

Btw, this has been happening since ive bought the computer, so im guessing its just a problem with vista. I have reinstalled windows once already so its not that. Also i have 451gbs open on my HD so that not it.

Thanks

Advertisements

Tissue

Tissue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
sorry for double post, but i let my comp sit for like 10 minutes and then a flood of windows asking me to allow or cancel the program. I clicked cancle for all of them except one and nothing happened still. Then i ended all the processes and tried it again. after another 3-4 minutes it finnaly opened.

Still wonder what causes this