Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shower curtain?

• Please log in to reply

Bruce55

Bruce55

Spammer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
Does it happen to anybody that you are taking a shoer and the shower curtain starts getting closer to you like there is wind from the other side?
anybody knows why?
Thanks!

Edited by sari, 12 February 2010 - 06:39 AM.
Removed spam link

Advertisements

ShouldHaveHadAV8

ShouldHaveHadAV8

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Hm, i would assume its because the little kid from the Grudge is on the other side. :)

Actually i have no idea, ha.

Maybe the steam building up in the bathroom forcing it closer to the nearest surface?
The wall behind/side you.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
it's the temperature differential...the shower air is typically warmer than the rest of the room (or house air) so it rises to the ceiling which pushes colder air down to fill the void left by the hot air rising. that creates wind. it's called convection

this is also the process that causes wind outside....it's warmer somewhere and colder somewhere else so the air has to move around to fill the gaps

Edited by dsenette, 12 February 2010 - 01:23 PM.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I don't think he will be back to read the reply. :)

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ah....didn't even read it....who knows. someone else who has no concept of thermodynamics might come back to read it

Laurie ann

Laurie ann

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
Well I came in and read your reply dsenette, though truthfully I only came in because I was curious who would post a question about shower curtains in here lol.
Laurie.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Unfortunately he's smarter than most people think.