Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual Monitors for Dell Inspiron 530

• Please log in to reply

cecijoe

cecijoe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm not very computer savvy, so please excuse if this doesn't sound very articulate. I have a Dell Inspiron 530 (full size) tower with Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40 GHz and 4.00 GB RAM, 32-bit system. The video graphics says Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family. On the back of the computer, there is one VGA plug (blue) and one DVI plug (white). I have two monitors, both with VGA/DVI inputs. I connected one monitor to each of the video outs on the back of the computer, but the second (DVI-plugged) monitor is not being recognized by the computer. When I boot up the computer, a warning that says "unsupported video configuration detected" keeps coming up. There is a little ATI icon in my menu bar that opens a window entitled "catalyst control center", but only one video is being recognized. Do I need to buy something? Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Even, if you see two video ports there, it doesn't mean, your video card supports dual monitors.
In fact, most on-board video chips, don't.
You need to buy real video card, which supports dual monitors.