Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cell Phone Confusion

• Please log in to reply

a little bit geeky

a little bit geeky

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I'm new at this and I hope you'll tell me if I'm doing something wrong. :)

Does anyone know of a CELL PHONE with REAL INTERNET, that's EASY TO USE, and has a LARGE DISPLAY? Occasionally I'll download music, short videos or pictures - and I don't care about the latest features. Just need a cell phone with good internet browsing, and a really big display. Hoping to replace my netbook that is always with me, but rarely used. (I have a desktop PC at home) It should also have some kind of lock or code to keep unauthorized users out.

Does this phone/computer even exist? If so, can I get one for a price that won't require me to take out a loan or sell my first born? Just kidding about the first born - he's bigger than I am.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go...

CNET Best 5 cell phones

Or maybe ipad its not a phone, but its pretty nifty. :)

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
In a world that doesn't...DROID does. I have a Droid and love it. It will connect to the internet using Verizon's 3G network...or through wifi hotspots. There are many apps available free and many more at very low prices. The Android operating system it uses is very fast and intuitive...and it comes with a 16GB memory card (micro SD) preinstalled.

Getting this phone with a new Verizon contract makes it affordable. Unlocked Droids run in the neighborhood of $700 to $800.

a little bit geeky

a little bit geeky

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

In a world that doesn't...DROID does. I have a Droid and love it. It will connect to the internet using Verizon's 3G network...or through wifi hotspots. There are many apps available free and many more at very low prices. The Android operating system it uses is very fast and intuitive...and it comes with a 16GB memory card (micro SD) preinstalled.

Getting this phone with a new Verizon contract makes it affordable. Unlocked Droids run in the neighborhood of $700 to $800.

Edited by a little bit geeky, 12 February 2010 - 05:37 PM.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
You might want to wait a few days to see what's announced at the Mobile World Congress, which runs from February 15th-18th. I'm planning on getting the HTC Supersonic which is expected to be announced. 4.3" capacitive AMOLED screen, Android OS, HTC Sense UI, 1ghz Snapdragon CPU, first 4G phone in the US... *drool*

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
You might want to wait a few days to see what's announced at the Mobile World Congress, which runs from February 15th-18th. I'm planning on getting the HTC Supersonic which is expected to be announced. 4.3" capacitive AMOLED screen, Android OS, HTC Sense UI, 1ghz Snapdragon CPU, first 4G phone in the US... *drool*