Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell driver on a Toshiba lappy?

• Please log in to reply

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
I'm no techy on drivers but it just doesn't seem right to have a Dell driver on a Toshiba lappy.
I was trying to export some pics from a chip to a portable hard drive last night and was in a big hurry to do this. I noticed when I got done that there were some files that I "thought" I had deleted from the lappy a while back on the desk. I realized this morning that it may have been saved to the portable when I was transferring things back then.I was checking the "Download folder that popped up on the desk as well, to make sure I already had before deleting it off the desk. That's when I noticed the R64645 Driver. I wasn't sure what it was until I Googled it and found it to be a "Dell" driver. Is this possible that Toshiba has Dell parts?If not how could I have possibly gotten this on here? And NO, I Don't Do Dell.

BT

Edit: I just remembered that last year I was trying to help a friend with her Dell desktop.Could it have been something back then I downloaded for her pc? It was "created" ‎Saturday, ‎April ‎04, ‎2009, ‏‎5:03:13 PM,"Modified" ‎ ‎Saturday, ‎April ‎04, ‎2009, ‏‎5:03:38 PM and "accessed" ‎Saturday, ‎April ‎04, ‎2009, ‏‎5:02:19 PM if that helps.

Edited by bigtrucks, 13 February 2010 - 10:35 AM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
It's unclear what is your actual issue.

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Is this possible that Toshiba has Dell parts? The issue is can I delete this as it is a Dell driver and I have a Toshiba?
BT

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Where is that particular file located.
I don't think, Toshiba has Dell's parts, but surely computers from different companies have same parts here and there.

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
in a download folder. I clicked on it and it wanted to run(which I did not)Would a screen shot help?

BT

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You can delete anything you want from download folder.

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
Thanks Broni. It's done.

BT

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts