Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:59 PM
Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:50 AM
Posted 14 February 2010 - 08:24 AM
Have you tried to boot with the XP installation disk in the cdrom?
Did you change the boot sequence in the bios so the cdrom is the first boot device?
I'm going to start with the first option being yes there is no cdrom drive showing. Since no drivers are needed for optical drives anymore then lets see if it will return.
Broni's canned speech:
One of these may help:
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch
Double click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.
Accept registry merge.
4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.
Thank's to Broni for the instructions
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users