Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Loops

• Please log in to reply

astronomy

astronomy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Two days ago my laptop decided to get stuck on the Windows loading bar so I ended up restoring the C: to factory settings. It went fine and I started installing my programs and this morning it was working fine and when I came back home the BSOD loop was happening.

This morning I did install AIM if that means anything. The only things I've installed on the computer is WinRAR, my USB mouse, Chrome, Mozilla, and I did attempt installing my webcam.

I have tried booting safemode and it still BSOD's after the windows loading bar that comes after that list of .. drivers? (I think?) I have tried booting normal and last good configuration and they all end up BSOD'ing and restarting after the BSOD.

So I decided to try restoring the C: to factory defaults and since I have VAIO, I went to the Recovery Center and when I tried to restore the C:, a window that says, "Could not obtain target drive letter." and then after that window it says something about Error -1.

So now I'm pretty much at lost as to what to do about this.

Advertisements