Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless router and Mac cloning

• Please log in to reply

Nureya

Nureya

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I am using Linksys router...I am getting both wired and wireless connections. The problem is i am sharing the apt with 2 other guys who is not willing to pay for Internet (free loaders). After saying several times, still they used wired connection from my router for their Play station and desktop computers in the late night.

Is there anyway i can prevent them putting the ethernet cable in my router? My router has 4 ports for wired computer....How can i acheive this? Mac cloning or ???

They mostly use play station.....

Gurus help me.

Nureya

Advertisements

Gashlad

Gashlad

• Pip
  • 9 posts

I am using Linksys router...I am getting both wired and wireless connections. The problem is i am sharing the apt with 2 other guys who is not willing to pay for Internet (free loaders). After saying several times, still they used wired connection from my router for their Play station and desktop computers in the late night.

Is there anyway i can prevent them putting the ethernet cable in my router? My router has 4 ports for wired computer....How can i acheive this? Mac cloning or ???

They mostly use play station.....

Gurus help me.

Nureya

I assume you are the only one who knows the ID/password to the router ?

If so, limit the IP addresses that can be handed out to the number of IPs you need. Then reserve the IP addresses to the MAC addresses on your machines.

Nureya

Nureya

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks for your reply. But how can i reserve the IP addresses to the MAC addresses on your machines?

Can you guide me?

Nureya

Gashlad

Gashlad

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Thanks for your reply. But how can i reserve the IP addresses to the MAC addresses on your machines?

Can you guide me?

Nureya

Well I imagine you access your router via 192.168.0.1 or something similar ? Would be some sort of Lan Setup page. What type of router is it?