Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Servers won't load on Team Fortress 2.

• Please log in to reply

Croww3313

Croww3313

• Pip
  • 7 posts
So I just built my computer, I put all the CD's in to install the drivers and everything and then I go and intall steam. I got the Valve Complete pack. I get Team Fortress 2 to download, I go into it to start playing and when I click Fnd Servers nothing appears. I figured it was just a first time playing where it takes a while. I left it on over night and when I woke up nothing was in the servers. I have no idea why. I turned my Firewall off and went into the properties of TF2 and clicked the Local Files tab and then Verify integrity of game cache and nothing worked. Please help, I've looked all over Google and can't seem to find anything.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
This is not a common issue that has been reported, so I haven't found a solution for you. Best route is by opening a support ticket.

Faq on opening a support ticket

Simondo

Simondo

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hi Croww3313

I'm having the same problem in CS 1.6.
I've done loads of research and I like you, just reformated. I seem to think it has something to do with ports on your router. I have an open ticket on these forums with help in regards to that.

I can however find servers if I use the steam icon in my system tray (bottom right of your desktop > Servers) but I cant from within the game. Odd!

Maybe you should try that and use it as a temporary solution to your problem if it works until we find out an answer.

Hope I helped a bit.

Simon

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
looks like we may have a possible solution for you guys:

[-]February 19, 2010 - Steam client update released

A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the File menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include:

Steam Client

Fixed registering GFW titles after preload decryption

Fixed not getting servers in the serverbrowser on a client Steam install if you immediately launched a game rather than using the Steam server browser

Various Steamworks fixes

Simondo

Simondo

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
You beat me to it! Stole my glory! Haha

Yeah I'd like to confirm this.

FEBRUARY 19, 2010, 4:08 PM - VALVE - STEAM CLIENT UPDATE

A Steam client update is now available. To apply the update, click the File menu inside of Steam and then select "Check for Steam Client Updates...". The specific changes include:

Steam Client
Fixed registering GFW titles after preload decryption
Fixed not getting servers in the serverbrowser on a client Steam install if you immediately launched a game rather than using the Steam server browser
Various Steamworks fixes

It works! w00t.