Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

c000024a BSOD on a gateway with a dead battery

• Please log in to reply

Rusty W

Rusty W

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just received this rejeuvenated Gateway laptop from my Techie in Pa. It's been upgraded with Memory and a fresh load of XP Pro with Service pack 3 and then some. He's got just about everything I'll ever need. So I pull it out of the shipping container (Box) and plug it to fire it up. Goes into BSOD c000024a and lists "Windows Login Process System Process Terminated Unexpectedly with a Status of 0xc0000139 (0x00000000 0x00000000)"

From what I can Gather, this is an error on a loss of bios battery power and it gets stuck on stupid. Now, will this, or could this clear after bios battery power comes back, or do I need to resend this thing back to the east coast to get it back functioning.

Just a note.........This is a complete SWAG (Scientific Wild [bleep] Guess)on the cause that comes from reading between the lines with all the techno gobbledy goop you can get free on the net. I've had fixed Military Special Purpose Computers for 20 years and right about now, their ambiguity seems somewhat simple.

I would like a straight answer if possible on this.

Thanks in Advance..............

Rusty :)

------UPDATE------

left it plugged in for an hour or so. The BSOD Changed to a c000021 now. Am I correct in assuming that it was battery power related and that it should clear up when I get good battery power from the motherboard or bios keep alive. This irks me!

Edited by Rusty W, 16 February 2010 - 12:52 AM.

Advertisements