Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE and Forefox wont open

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rockyrambo

rockyrambo

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi all,

A week back when i was trying to download a book from the internet from some website. It happened to open some exe file when I tried to download it in order to download the book, i think this is the point when the problem actually started.

I am able to open all other application without any problem, but as soon as I open IE or Firefox these application wont open and CPU useage shoots to 100%.

So i unistalled Firfox and reinstalled to see if it helps, nothing happened.

Luckily I had Realy player, using that I installed MBAM malware removal tools and it found quiet a few trojan horse and helped me to remove those.

I tired flushing Ip, but neither of those helped me.

I uninstalled Symantec Internet security and installed Panda anti virus, ran it helped me to get few more trojan horses.

Then I luckily read this forum, downloaded the Hijack this tool, now got the log.

I would be happy if somebody could help me on this issue.

Cleaned temp folder, ran registry cleanups.

Also tried to open the IE using no add on mode, it dint help.

There is no toolbars etc.

Tried to run the system in SAFE MODE WITH Netwroking, but it dint help much either.

Edited by Rorschach112, 18 February 2010 - 04:28 PM.
removed log

Advertisements