Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Center 2005 Can Not Find Files

• Please log in to reply

Chintapop

Chintapop

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Hi

My Windows Media Center 2005 Update Rollup 2 can not find the media (songs, videos) that I have. If I select the folder to add, it just doesn't add anything at all. Please help me add media to my player!

-Chintapop

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Are you able to add them to Media Player? Is this a new problem, or were you able to add media previously?

Chintapop

Chintapop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Yes, I can add them to Media Player 11. However, I can not add them to Media Center. I want to do this so I can link the files with my xBox 360.

-Chintapop

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
So if you enter the MCE interface on the PC and choose music, does anything show up at all? Also, is this a Dell by chance?

Chintapop

Chintapop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
It worked. Sorry for the probelms. I just had to move all my songs into the "My Music" folder and delete the old "Songs" folder.

Thank you

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Thank you

I really didn't do anything, but you're welcome. :)