Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disabling laptop keyboard?

• Please log in to reply

erikc4l

erikc4l

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I spilled juice on my laptop a couple of days ago but I cleaned it up immediately although some keys don't work on the laptop. I took out all they keys on my laptop and cleaned them so they aren't sticky anymore but my 'G' key doesn't work when I press on it or sometimes it would randomly keep spamming the button. So when I try to delete it with the backspace key, it's pretty much impossible. Therefore my question is, is there anyway to disable my keyboard since I'm using an external keyboard at the moment.

Laptop:
HP G60-237US

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
I've never seen an option on a laptop to disable the keyboard. Unfortunately, It always involves opening the laptop and physically disconnecting the keyboard. But then again, you might be able to find the keyboard service and disable it completely, but who knows what else you would lose.

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 19 February 2010 - 02:40 PM.

erikc4l

erikc4l

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Oh.. true.. but I've searched on Google a few times and some people mentioned something about the BIOS? Which I have no clue what it is.

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
The BIOS stands for Basic Input/Output System. It's basic responsibility is to set the hardware in a state that's useable by the OS. To most users, it's that black screen of "jibber jabber" that you see when you first turn on your computer. :)

Anyway, I've never seen that particular option in the BIOS, but then again it's not something I've ever looked for to tell you the truth. I don't have my laptop at work, but if I get a chance, I'll check my Dell when I get home.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Nevermind, incorrect instructions. Sorry.

Edited by Ferrari, 19 February 2010 - 06:16 PM.