Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

desktop / properties / settings

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
I own a Toshiba Satellite laptop and I want to change the desktop 'settings' from 1024x768 to 1280x1024 but when I do, The bottom taskbar disappears and I don't know what to do. Can anyone help me with this?

dog

Advertisements

AdgeT

AdgeT

• Pip
  • 9 posts
if you're using XP, right click on your taskbar, go to properties, then see if auto-hide the taskbar is enabled. that might be the problem. disable this.

Another possibility is that those two configurations are different aspect ratios, so maybe the bottom of the screen is cut off. 1024x768 is a 1.33:1 ratio whereas 1280x1024 is a 1.25:1 ratio. is your display widescreen or standard?

Edited by AdgeT, 22 February 2010 - 02:22 PM.

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
I'm not really sure ... I know it's a 17" display ... actual measurements are 14.25" x 8" ...

I didn't have this problem before ... but my hard drive died and I had to put a new one in and of course reinstall WinXP.

I checked and the hide taskbar button is not checked, so that's not it.

dog