Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power Supply went out recently

• Please log in to reply

Francois31

Francois31

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi everyone i am looking to purchase a new power supply i was recommened a cosair 650 watt (Corsair TX650W 650-Watt Power Supply - ATX, 120mm Fan, SLI-Ready, SATA-Ready, 80Plus) but i found a raidmax 630(Raidmax RX-630Z Smart Modular ATX Power Supply 630w) for 5o bucks cheaper how do you guys feel about them in comparison which one should i go with
thanks in advance

Edited by Francois31, 22 February 2010 - 04:28 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I know you recommended the cosair 650 watt to me but i found a raidmax 630 watt(http://www.frys.com/...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG) its going to end up being 50 dollars cheaper how do you feel about this one in comparison to the cosair
please and thanks you for your help

Seems to have good reviews.

which would you go with

I myself would spend the extra and get the corsair because it is proven to be stable.
The Raidmax PSU's are rated as a Tier 6 PSU which means most of us in the Tech field do not recommend them as they are not stable or dependable.