Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"unknown trust provider"

• Please log in to reply

writersblock49

writersblock49

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This is my own fault.

I've tried to reconfigure things on my computer and I have zero idea what I'm doing, so boo hiss on me.

But I need help.

There are two or three sites that I can't reach at all. It thinks they don't exist (they do). I'm beginning to get frustrated. Guy from ISP says it's my virus or firewall BUT nothing has changed with those in the past 48 hours. They are running and stable.

Please help me if you can.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
try TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS
Then on the PRIVACY And SECURITY tab, hit the DEFAULT buttons

writersblock49

writersblock49

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you, that solved some of the problems.

Now I'm getting the DNS error or Cannot Find Server. In particular EBAY - I do business there, so this is a bit important. I have the EBAY toolbar which worked fine until yesteday (again, probably my fault). Now it doesn't work at all.

Also when I go to a link then try to access another page in the same site, I get this error.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
uninstal, then reinstall the ebay toolbar

Then, do this
Start > run
cmd

at the prompt, type
netsh diag ping adapter > c:\result.txt

Wait until the prompt returns (about a minute),

Double click your local disk drive (c:) in MY COMPUTER, and you should see result.txt

double click it, paste the result here

writersblock49

writersblock49

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks. I will do that right now.

I seem to have no access on Internet Explorer to anything including my MSN Messenger... odd.

Also I keep getting the message: "Alert: www.whateverItypehere.com cannot be found. Please check name and try again"

(when I mess things up I do a good job, yes?)

ADDED: I uninstalled the toolbar but I can't do anything on Internet Explorer (even get into my hotmail), so I'll have to wait to finish your instructions on re-installing.

Edited by writersblock49, 19 May 2005 - 08:28 AM.