Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of Death Help

• Please log in to reply

pleasehelp813

pleasehelp813

• Pip
  • 1 posts
System Specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 5600+
Mem: 2gb
Video Card: GeForce8500gt x2 SLI
Mobo: asus m2n-e sli

I recently had WoW open, and I wanted to try running two WoW apps at the same time. At first my computer seemed like it could handle running 2 WoW's at the same time. After about 2-3min of having 2 WoW apps running at the same time my computer froze and went to the blue screen of death. When the system rebooted itself i noticed the Windows logo (the screen that is before the login screen for XP) had worse resolution and after this screen, the computer went back to the blue screen of death. After the 3rd restart I went into Safe Mode so i could uninstall/reinstall the nvidia 8 series drivers. After installing these updated drivers my computer still goes to the blue screen after the windows logo screen. The weird thing is when I uninstall the nvidia drivers, I still get a picture when my monitor is plugged into the video card. I'm running out of ideas of what could be causing this, please help.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go!

You still get video when the third-party drivers are uninstalled because Windows automatically loads the standard (but basic) Microsoft driver in the absence of a third-party video driver. This has to happen otherwise you wouldn't be able to see anything when you've done a fresh install of Windows and you need to install the third-party driver!

Can you post more information about the BSOD, such as the error statement (this is usually shown in all capital letters), and the error codes). Without this info we've nothing to work with.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 23 February 2010 - 06:01 AM.