Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help!

• Please log in to reply

LauraB123

LauraB123

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi!

Sorry, I have probably posted this in the wrong place!

I have a Compaq nx9005 which isn't the newest laptop around but it hasn't had too much use over the years. There has been a problem with the battery which meant that I was having to leave it plugged in to use it (Think it is a faulty connection or something as battery fine!). I was downloading Itunes when I accidently unplugged it, now I am having a real issue with it. It will turn back on and the first page comes up. It comes up with a black page with HP Invent and underneath it says press ESC to change boot order, F2 to enter set up or F12 to boot from LAN. I have tried pressing each one, however unless you press one of those options literally as soon as the page comes up it just freezes. Even if you manage to press one of those buttons in time it freezes once it gets to that page.

I really haven't got a clue what to do with it now. I'd rather not go out and buy a new one as I only use it for browsing the internet! I would rather not take it to be repaired either as I got ripped off last time I did that and it isn't worth having any money spent on it!

I would be really grateful if somone could just tell me whether its completely broken so I can chuck it or fixable so I don't have to keep using other peoples computers!

Thanks! :)

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go!

If the recovery partition on the hard drive is still intact, you should be able to restore Windows back to it's factory condition. Or use the Recovery disc if it exists.

Both methods explained here:
http://www.community...hp?showtopic=20