I have it packed with 98SE on there now. I want it to go a little faster by putting knoppix on it. I have read a few things about it but none of them really helped.
any replies would be great.
Jump to content
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.Create Account How it Works
Edited by Efwis, 21 May 2005 - 08:29 AM.
(1. shrink your MS Windows, if necessary)
2. start Live Knoppix
3. click on monitor icon in pannel
4. type su + Enter
5. type cfdisk
6. don't touch Windows partition
7. make new partition for Linux, minimum 3GB, press spase bar so this partition will be bootable
8. make new partition, 400MB, then go to Type and press Enter 2x, you will get swap partition (82, I think)
9. go to Write, type yes, wait until it finish
Now repet steps 2, 3, 4. Type knx2hd + Enter. Now you are in installation menu. Choose start instalation. Install boot loader in MBR.
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Community Forum Software by IP.Board
Licensed to: Geeks to Go, Inc.