Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with Acer Aspire 6935G Charging

• Please log in to reply

MrDogWaffle

MrDogWaffle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey,

I bought an Acer Aspire 6935G laptop last year, and havent had any problems with it until now.

I usually run it off the charger, and as usual, I plugged it in the other day. I noticed, however, that it wasnt charging. I unplugged the charger, even tried a different one, but had no luck. Anyway, when I started to shut the laptop lid, I noticed it began to charge. I messed around a bit, and found that the only way to get it charge, was to have the screen at certain angles. :)

Its got worse since then, and now, it will only charge when the lid is closed, or open at one angle.

I dont know whether its just a coincidence, but about a week before these problems started I was working on my lappy, when the screen went black for a second or two. When it came back, I had a yellow warning symbol beside the clock. When I hovered over it or clicked on it, it didnt give me any details. It went away when I restarted my lappy. I've run virus and adware scans and nothing was picked up.

I was wondering if anyone could help, and if there's anything I can do myself to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Cl455icCh4o5

Cl455icCh4o5

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
it sounds like youve got the curse of the laptop...
most laptops suffer from problems charging over time because the wires inside your charger get twisted and break with regular use.
sometime it because of the pin inside the connector on the laptop, gets broken or comes loose.
the only way to stop this is by being really carefull when charging your laptop

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
sounds like you've got a physical issue inside of the laptop. possibly a loose or broken cable going to the screen itself (a short anywhere on the computer can cause weird things to happen) or it could be a fault in the charging circuit..obviously this computer is off warranty so getting this fixed would be problematic at best.

unless you're really comfortable with opening the thing up and poking around, i'd take it to a PC shop

NerfNinja

NerfNinja

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

I bought an Acer Aspire 6935G laptop last year, and havent had any problems with it until now.

Same thing happened to me, I thought that I had somehow stuffed the battery after only year of use, but I just called the service number for Acer and they send me a file to put on a flash drive and then load on the lappy. Some kind of bios error or something, it was a while ago it happened so I kind of forget the details.

webside for their service number should be www.acer.com