Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows media player (windows 7) shows different album name when playi

• Please log in to reply

tricia26

tricia26

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi there!!!

got a problem on my media player

When i tried to play a cd i can hear what i'm supposed to hear (the content of the cd is working), the name of the track is right whenever i check it using the "my computer" but the thing is, when it is playing (on the media player), it displays a different name album. The tracks' name of the cd became the song name of the album. One more thing, I never knew that I downloaded such album so i don't know if it is a virus or something. I already tried using a different laptop for playing it but the same thing goes. Please help

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
If they are mp3 tracks, it could be the 'ID3 tag' for those tracks needs editing. Windows Media Player gets album and track info from the 'ID3' tags built into each MP3 file.

There's a free ID3 Tag Editor called AudioShell here:
http://www.softpoint.../AudioShell.htm

tricia26

tricia26

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
so, meaning maybe someone wanted to rewrite on the CD that's why a different album appears on it? If i use the free ID3 Tag Editor wouldn't the audio will be affected? because the audio is fine but not the album art, title and the composer those were coming from a different album name. Sorry if i kept on asking, this is may first time to encounter such problem. Hoping for your longer patience. Thanks for the reply