Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stupid Intellimouse

• Please log in to reply

pawprint

pawprint

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
I recently reformatted and reinstalled most of my stuff.
Abut halfway through the reinstall, my MS Intellimouse Optical stopped working.
I re-re formatted, twice, installed programs in different orders and the problem persists.
It is a 5 button mouse with programmable buttons. I have used this mouse for years with the right side button set to "show/hide desktop. the wheel button to "explore my computer".
Now they don't work. I can assign them to different options and some work, some don't.
i put the mouse into my wife's machine, essentially the same as mine except for programs and it works perfectly.
I can buy a new mouse but I'm not convinced that is the problem.
I have downloaded every intellipoint version from MS that I can Find and the only thing that changed is what the buttons do, in 7.1 the "explore my computer" printed a series of d's. The right button prints e's.

XP SP3 fully updated
core duo with 2gb memory

Appreciate any help can get.
Thanks

Advertisements