Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advice

• Please log in to reply

ali.B

ali.B

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,086 posts
Hello

i have been doing a lot of cleaning in my system to improve the performance, startup and others.

I recall few years back i tried a couple of softwares; tune up and advanced system optimizer.

I know some of their features are useless but is it worth to have any of these two ?

thanks

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
You don't need any of those programs to speed up your computer. They can do more harm than good, sometimes turning services off that you didn't really want to turn off.

My friend and staff member here Artellos wrote up a nice guide: Maintaining Your Machine. Do everything it suggests and that's about it. It's all I do, and my computer stays nice and speedy (even my old laptop).

If you need help with the msconfig part of the guide, then let me know... I can help guide you through it. Finding out what startup is what, just research it similar to how you have learned to in GeekU. Don't ever turn off Anti-Virus, any malware "real time" protection, wireless cards, and/or on laptops keyboards, mousepads, etc. Disabling them from startup does just that, the program and service is 100% accessible whenever you want, just doesn't automatically start when the computer boots.

Hope that helps. :)

Edited by Ferrari, 27 February 2010 - 06:49 AM.