Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pdf files

• Please log in to reply

taf520

taf520

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok i just got this laptop from a friend and im kinda stumped. ok my problem is that every time i open up a pdf file on the web it sends me an error and logs me out. i tried to reinstall acrobat reader twice and it is still not working. what could it be!!! and im thinking it has something to do with hardware but not sure

Edited by taf520, 01 March 2010 - 12:10 PM.

Advertisements

ersatz

ersatz

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Hi,

Could you please post the exact error message you are receiving when you try to open a pdf file? This is likely not a hardware problem.

-Tony

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
http://www.foxitsoft...com/pdf/reader/

Free download and reads everything Adobe reads.

Edited by rshaffer61, 01 March 2010 - 12:36 PM.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
If you install the foxit reader, be sure to use the "Custom" option so you can tell it NOT to install the Ask Toolbar or change your default search engines. It will also try to install icons to eBay. Be aware that this is the case and watch for the checkboxes that must be unchecked to prevent these from being installed by default.