Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

tv tuner help

• Please log in to reply

ray65240

ray65240

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i bought a usb tv tuner it shows up in Device manager i installed the driver but windows media center says no tv tner device found. can someone help? i am runing windows 7

Advertisements

fordham752000

fordham752000

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I just installed one of these the other night to take advantage of my Comcast cable when I was in another room from the TV. First thing is that I obtained a DTA box for free from my local office and decided to use this in my setup. These were tuners being given out for people who had basic cable and did not want a full set-top box or digital upgrade at the time of the digital transition. The box is installed between the service cable and the USB tuner. The tuner needs to be set to either channel 3 or 4 and that selection needs to be chosen on the DTA box. It goes without saying that everything needs to be plugged into the computer while setting up the device. Here is the stuff that will be consistant with all applications:

1. Install drivers from the driver disc.
2. Decide whether you are going to connect using an antenna, cable without a settop box, or cable with a settop box.
3. Select Start>Windows Media Center.
4. Select Tasks>Settings>General>Windows Media Center Setup and follow the on-screen instructions.

An important note is that if you are using a DTA box, select analog signal to make it work. I found that with the antenna or digital cable without the DTA box, I got very few channels. Hope that this helped. :)

fordham752000

fordham752000

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ray, if my advice worked, please post in this thread. If it did not help, also please post so that the crew here can try something else. In every group that I have ever belonged to, it is considered to be good form to acknowledge advice given and a thank you to someone who solved your problem.