Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hotmail

• Please log in to reply

jlinno

jlinno

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I added a vacation notification reply to automatically reply to emails from my contact and about 5 hours later, an email to everyone in my contact list was sent but not the same on to every contact.

Needless to say, I have aggravated a few people.

Any idea what is causing this.

I have been having some virus or operating system issues in the last few days.

Advertisements

ersatz

ersatz

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
I'm going to direct you to the malware forum, as of:

I have been having some virus or operating system issues in the last few days.

Please read the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide and follow the instructions thoroughly, starting at the top...

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTL log in the MALWARE forum.

If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from a malware expert, please return to this thread.

-Tony

jlinno

jlinno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
I did all that several times with no resolve.

Ended up having to change my email password as it seems my contact list had been hijacked and whoever did this favor for me was sending emails through my email account.

Once I changed the password, they stopped.

Also, I got several nasty messages from microsoft about generating excessive numbers of emails.