Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Roku Won't Connect! Please Help?

• Please log in to reply

mgold

mgold

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Yesterday my Roku wouldn't connect to my Wireless network. Well to be more specific it keeps saying "Can't connect to local area network" This has been driving me crazy!

First I did what it said and put the Roku's MAC address on my Router. That didn't do anything. I called the Roku Techline, but they were amazing unhelpful after spending almost 100 minutes on the phone. They kept telling me to do the same things, which didn't work!

Can anyone tell me if there is something I need to do in my Router to get the Roku to work? It should just connect. It clearly is getting the Wireless signal, but not the LAN. I don't understand why it would need a LAN since I'm doing Wireless setup. What's going on here?

I've had this unit for a month, and it was mostly fine, but was problematic at times. Now I'm thinking I have a defective unit. I have a Westell 7500 Modem, and Netgear WGT624 Router. My Internet Provider is Verizon.

Advertisements