Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Version (2.0 / 1.1 / 1.0) and use with webcams

• Please log in to reply

badobsession81

badobsession81

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey, I was wondering if someone could help me identify my usb 2.0 port.

I have run belarc and produced the following analysis of my pc:

Bus Adapters:
VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller (3x)
VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller

Other Devices:
USB Root Hub (4x)

Am i right in thinking that this means i have one usb 2.0 port, and 3 usb 1.1 (or 1.0) ports? I must admit I was under the impression I had 2 usb 2.0 ports, but that's not a big issue! lol

What i want to know is, is there a way of working out which one is the usb2.0 port?

Thanks,

Bob

Advertisements

badobsession81

badobsession81

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
any thoughts?

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
It certainly sounds like you have a mixture of v2.0 and v1.1 but this is normally only found on boards that were manufactured during the transitional period from v1.1 to v2.0

The easiest way to double check this & find out which ports are which would be to look in the mobo manual. If you don't have it, you can download from the manufacturers website.