explorer.exe at 99% cpu usage and locks the system
Posted 04 March 2010 - 05:57 PM
Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:22 PM
To disable add-ons in Internet Explorer 8
1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Tools button, and then click Manage Add-ons.
3. Under Show, click All add-ons.
4. Click the add-on you want to disable, and then click Disable.
5. Repeat step 4 for every add-on to disable. When you are finished, click Close.
Now restart IE and retry IE as before. Let us know if it still happens or not. If not then try enabling one add on at a time and trying IE again till you find the problem.
Most times the cause will be a toolbar add on.
Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:24 PM
Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:50 PM
BTW great detective work on your part. I would have not thought about that since we were not pursuing a program issue but more the OS or the IE.
Posted 04 March 2010 - 06:54 PM
Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:53 PM
I deleted the .dat files as mentioned above. They were resistant, I ended up using MBAM file incinerator to get rid of them.
Posted 04 March 2010 - 07:58 PM
Also that they are all spinning and not hanging up.
Again. Great detective work.
Posted 04 March 2010 - 08:20 PM
As 123Runner suggested maybe opening the system up and checking for dust bunnies especially around any fans.
We are going on the assumption this is a desktop unit and not a laptop.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users