Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unix SCO

• Please log in to reply

G33k4Life

G33k4Life

• Pip
  • 4 posts
This is probably off the wall but.... I have an OLD box with SCSI drives running Unix SCO version maybe 4 or something. I have an accounting package running on it since like 1990. I have been using a tape drive to back it up, but now that is failing. So as of now I have no means of backing the system up. I know nothing about Unix SCO. I would like to maybe image the drive and run it in a virtual drive along with the accounting package. I need to get the info backed up. No CD/DVD burner or tape drive in a box that's over 10 years old with an OS thats almost older than me that is housing the heart of my contracting business from the day computers were introduced into the business. I'm talking GREEN SCREENS here people, dummy terminals.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently looking to get a new accounting package and server to run it if anyone knows of any good stuff. Or if anyone writes custom packages, give me a shout.

TIA,
Anthony

Advertisements