Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet disconnected

• Please log in to reply

littlelotte891

littlelotte891

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a dell inspiron b130 that is about four years old. I am having trouble with it staying connected to the internet. upon startup... I can browse the web for about 2 minutes before i get the "ie cannot connect to the webpage". on my desktop it says my internet is connected to my router and running at full speed. also when i turn on my computer a window pops up and gives me a filename and says "you might be missing a root certificate". i am sure there is nothing wrong with the router itself because i have a macintosh that is connected to it and i am typing to you now from it. can anyone help me please?

Advertisements

TheBug

TheBug

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Download and install this. It would update root certificates on your computer.
http://download.wind...en/rootsupd.exe

littlelotte891

littlelotte891

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
is there a way i can download it even though i don't have internet on my dell?

ersatz

ersatz

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
When did this problem start occurring?

Try Safe Mode with Networking..

To Restart your Computer in Safe Mode with Networking:
  • Restart your computer, holding or tapping F8 repeatedly, until you hear a beep, or get to the Advanced Options menu.
  • Scroll to Safe Mode with Networking, then press Enter.
  • You will see a large list of drivers loading.. this is normal, just be patient.
  • After a minute or two Windows will start loading, probably in a larger resolution than you are used to.

Any difference there?

-Tony

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
You can save the file. It is a .exe file type. Put in on a flash drive and then open it on the other unit.

Did you reset the router? (cycle power)
Did you reset the modem? If you have one. (cycle power).

123runner