Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iam being plaugued by Antivirus soft! [closed]

• Please log in to reply

specterkiss

specterkiss

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
hi friends,

ok so today i get this "antivirus soft" on my PC and idk how or why. i went through the cleaning guide and tried to start the preparation for this topic except after i downloaded TFC the antivirus soft tells me it's infected and wont let me run anything like nothing, i can't r-click it i can't open my task manager i can't even open WMP. can someone help!? iam afraid to turn off my pc and not be able start it again!

thank you kindly for any help you can offer

Edited by specterkiss, 04 March 2010 - 01:09 PM.

Advertisements

specterkiss

specterkiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
so i found a removal tutorial for antivirus soft here:http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Removal-instructions-Antivirus-Soft-t268022.html and i don't think it worked. i had a problem before and had some of the programs still on my pc. so i rebooted my pc to run in safe mode but my computer just kept rebooting every time i chose safe mode. so i tried last known configuration and it booted normally. so i went on with the instructions to see if it would still work. i renamed the file, made a desktop shortcut, hit look for updates and it said i was up to date. so i went on with the "quick scan" and it opened the results in notepad but it was then closed but antivirus soft and a box came up and said it found 0 malware.i could upload the log if i could find where it's saved. but yeah, it didn't work :)

Edited by specterkiss, 04 March 2010 - 11:25 AM.