Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dimension 4600 restore to when i bought it

• Please log in to reply

funnyman273

funnyman273

• Pip
  • 2 posts
It's a dell dimension 4600 it's been in a box for a while but I now need the additional computer.

I forgot my administrator account password. I only have access to a secondary account. How do i restore to out the box condition when i cannot use any of the disk without the administrator password?

:)

Edited by funnyman273, 04 March 2010 - 01:40 PM.

Advertisements

ersatz

ersatz

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Th CD you want is going to say Operating System somewhere on it. For my Inspiron, it's sort of a brownish color.. :)

Post what each CD label says and I'll pick it out if you can't find it.

-Tony

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi funnyman273 and welcome to Geeks to Go.

If the Dell factory system restore partition is intact, then holding ctrl and tapping F11 during boot up will start the factory restore tool.

Read more HERE

ersatz

ersatz

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
In response to your edit:

I forgot my administrator account password. I only have access to a secondary account. How do i restore to out the box condition when i cannot use any of the disk without the administrator password?

We are unable to help you recover passwords, due to the inability to verify ownership of your computer.
Refer to the Terms of Use you agreed to upon signing up.

Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.

-Tony

funnyman273

funnyman273

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I completely understand about ownership thank you for your assistance.