OK, here goes. Iíve got an issue with my desktop that I canít figure out. It reboots its self after waking from standby mode and it does this about 50% of the time. Lately Iíve just not been allowing it to go into standby unless I have to leave it for a long period of time. Most of the time I just shut it down because I donít want to deal with the reboot issue after standby. When it does do the reboot after standby, when it restarts it opens at the BIOS setup option page and I have to push F2 to skip setup and run normal. This is just about to drive me crazy, but the only thing that I can think of that could still be the problem would be device driver conflicts somewhere. And if thatís the case I donít know how to go about fixing driver conflict issues.
Hereís whatís been done to try to fix the issue with no luck;
1. I keep the inside of the machine as free of dust as possible
2. Upgrade power supply from 350 watt unit to a 500 watt unit
3. Upgrade graphics card.
4. Added the Speedfan app to watch for temp spikes, which there really hasnít been any
5. Wiped the hard drive and done a full re-install of everything
6. After re-install I updated all device drivers that I knew to do
7. Virus, spyware, adware and malware scans done before and after re-install
8. Windows/Microsoft updates done regularly and are up to date
If anybody else has any other ideas or suggests please let me know. I would greatly appreciate any help with this issue.