Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to update AVG and enter anti malware webpages

• Please log in to reply

Nilmadae

Nilmadae

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I have something on my laptop that is interfering with my wishes. Something is wrong. I first noticed it when I tried to update AVG Anti-Virus Free. I was unable to do so. I then tried to download and reinstall it. That's when I realised I cannot enter any websites containing things that can remove any malware. I am even unable to enter geektogo.com. (I can browse other types of sites like Hotmail.)

By using this stationary PC I have found that I should do your Malware Spyware Cleaning Guide but since I am unable to access your webpage through my infected laptop I cannot follow it. I tried to download TFC from another location but I couldn't to that either.

AVG manage to find this threat:

File name: fjprotect.in/hitin.php?affid=02992
Threat name: Exploit Rogue spyware scanner (type 504)
Process name: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
Process ID: 3148

I also get this repeatedly:

Message from Web Page
Warning! Your computer contains various signs of viruses and malware programs presence. Your system requires immediate anti viruses check! System Security will perform a quick and free scanning of your PC for viruses and malicious programs.

I always press cancel.

What should I do?
/Nilmadae

Advertisements