Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HDD recovery

• Please log in to reply

Akai

Akai

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My HDD crashed on me a couple days ago, something about corrupted files in C:/$Secure. The PC shut down only seconds after displaying this message and after that, I weren't able to boot it up again. I tried putting the broken HDD into another PC to see if I still had acces to my files... I didn't have ;). I then sent the HDD in to some local PC repair man, asking if he could try to recover the files on my HDD, I got the HDD back the next day, the only thing he had done was formating it, WITHOUT ASKING ME FIRST! :tazz: ...last time I'll ever let anyone else try to fix my PC....

So, now I'm wondering, does anyone know of a good and preferably cheap/free program that lets me recover my files? I've tried a couple and I have atleast seen the folder names, but no files yet... this might be because of some limitations within the program.

Oh, btw, before it crashed it had a NTFS system and it still has.

Advertisements

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
www.ontrack.com