Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Haven't Used My Printed In 3 Months! Any Special Procedures?

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I have a Canon Pixma IP4500, and it ran out of ink in November 09. Well to be honest it was just one cartridge that ran out of ink, but the others were extremely low as well. I didn't have the time to buy a new cartridge than because I went on vacation for over a month's time. I came back from vacation and still didn't buy a replacement cartridge because I've been busy up until now. Not only that but I'm planning on buying a "Continuous Ink Supply System" for the printer soon.

My questions are:

1) Do I need to do anything to maintain the printer while it's out of use? Because frankly speaking it's just sitting there, and I'd hate for it to be clogged when I finally try to use it or worse. I'm still not going to be using it for a while so if you have any storage advice let me know!

2) Are there any special procedures I should run when I do finally get a "Continuous Ink Supply System" since the printer hasn't been used in so long?

Thanks!

Edited by superstar, 10 March 2010 - 12:51 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
1) No, though you may want to remove the cartridges in case they leak. Just because they're "low" doesn't mean they can't leak.
2) No.