Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI RADEON GRAPHICS CARD

• Please log in to reply

CollinsLL2

CollinsLL2

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Hi, my friend just gave me his old graphics card, bc it wont fit his new computer, but he lost the disk that came with it, and he didnt install it himself so he's no help.
Here is a link the the same card

http://www.antarespr...phics Card.aspx

The only difference is the one i have has two cords comeing off of the black box (top left corner of the picture in link) one with two plack cords and one yellow, and one with 3 plack cords and 2 yellow.

1. I'm guessing these are power supply cords?? if so do i need both pluged in or only one?? and if only one which one??

2. Also i was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction to get the driver for this particular card.

3. Once i find the driver, do i install it before i put the card in my computer?? and should i disable my current video card before i put the new one in the computer???

I already tried just plugging it in and it didnt work, neither graphics card worked wen it was in. I'm not sure what i did wrong but thanx for any help anybody can give me on this.

Also, is this as good of a graphics card as my friend says it is???

Advertisements

malachi0420

malachi0420

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hello, user, and welcome to GeeksToGo. I am kind of unclear, Could you post your system specs, including OS.

As for the plugs listed above, they are indeed power cables and both need to be plugged in for the card to operate!

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
1) Answered by previous poster.

2) http://www.ati.com has all the drivers you need. You don't need the CD.

3) Normally bang this in and get the driver from ATI's website. That's all you usually do.

Regarding the final question as to how good it is, realistically it's using old technology now so compared to what you can get today with modern hardware, the card is inferior.

CollinsLL2

CollinsLL2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
that worked. i have it working now. thanx for the help guys