Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

beep and legacy

• Please log in to reply

videophonegeek

videophonegeek

• Pip
  • 7 posts
well, i dont use sound, not really considering that I am Deaf. I was just checking my system information and i came across beep which i never heard of til recently and noticed that its not signed or no drivers avaialable and etc etc....i was wondering if i can delete that or remove legacy drivers that seemed to possiblity cause problems for my computer? again i can't tell by the beeps since can't hear it.

thanks for help if can.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
If you are getting a single BEEP when the computer is starting up, this is normal. The BEEP is just a audible signal that the computer has done a hardware check and everything is OK. The computer then boots into windows.

Any other combinations of BEEPS means the computer has a problem. A freind who can hear the BEEPS would help you find out what the problem is.

Computer Beeps

http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

If you are getting a beep code after the computer boots into windows it is a program causing the BEEP. Start-run, type in "msconfig"(without the quotes)will get you to where you can stop programs from running one at a time until you find the program that is causing the beep.

SRX660

videophonegeek

videophonegeek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
well, the reason why i asked is i went through the malaware guide on geeks to go to a T...and been successful at removing the virus. and been doing okay, til yesterday...gotten blue screen of death for no apparent reason, so i am assuming something to do with hardware...considering i did take out the cmos battery out to completely wipe and 100% format as i have read that virinut type of virus which is very difficult to recover from. Since then, i been looking into to find the drivers for the motherboard from biostar, phoenix technologies to no avail or understanding those drivers which i wished it did explain how to use the new drivers and where to do it. i did check, however for some reason it wouldn't let me do the bio flash, i did try follow but then i look in bios setup ..i did not see anywhere where it says bio flash feature i did see upgrade bios but requires floppy drive (had never really used the floppy drive and did disable it)...so thats why i asked about the beep thing and the legacy drivers to see if i really need it or not, then again i dont have speakers or anything like that for my hearing friend to be able to hear it? or is that a given automatic without the speakers? even at this moment , im considering to replace motherboard that have a firewall built-in on the motherboard as a last resort.