Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to install PHP?

• Please log in to reply

system32

system32

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I am new to this. I downloaded PHP and Apache and installed it to:

C:\webserver\Apache2.2
C:\webserver\PHP

I also created a folder called webroot in the webserver folder. I then went into the httpd.conf file and edited the following:

DocumentRoot "C:/webserver/webroot"
<Directory "C:/webserver/webroot">
DirectoryIndex index.html index.php

Also added this to the end of the file:
LoadModule php5_module "C:/webserver/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"
PHPIniDir "C:/webserver/PHP"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

In my webroot folder I made a file called index.php with the code: <?php phpinfo(); ?>

In my enviornment varibales I have this:

Path: C:\webserver\PHP\;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\

PHPRC: C:\webserver\PHP\

I type in localhost in the browser URL and nothing shows up, says it cant find it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Edited by system32, 11 March 2010 - 06:28 PM.

Advertisements

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
What happens if you try localhost/index.php does a page show up then?

Another thing, is php acutally loading? Usually you want to keep the loadmodule line with the other loadmodule lines in the apache config file. If this is a fresh install of php did you rename the php.ini.dist to php.ini? If you installed Apache using the installer it should of given you a status tool that you can run. It will say apache / php loaded on it.