Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help windows xp dont want to update

• Please log in to reply

dssole23

dssole23

• PipPip
  • 77 posts
i keep getting the msg updates ready to install i press express install then after it done it says this msg

The following were not installed
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)

and it just keeps asking me to update and it just a cycle same thing all the time plz help

Advertisements

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Hello dssole23,

Please answer a few questions below:

1) What operating system are you currently running? Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7?
2) Is this the only update you are having problems installing? If there are other updates that are having problems please let us know.

*If you are only having problems with this particular update, try visiting Microsoft Download Center, enter KB953297 into the search box, download the appropriate update, and then try manually installing the update and restarting your computer afterwards. This is a manual procedure to install an update that is not working through Microsoft's automated update process.

Let me know if you need help with anything else.

dssole23

dssole23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
ok i download the file KB953297 and now it tells file could not be installed beacuse its missing upgrade patch iam running windows xp

dssole23

dssole23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
and yes this is the only update that is giving me problems