Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lsass.exe application failure

• Please log in to reply

pekkles04

pekkles04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Well, I did try a different keyboard, and I finally got the keyboard to respond. So, when I got to the recovery console, I did the 8 commands above, and it all went thru great, but of course, that did not get rid of my error message.

I did run the Kaspersky CD the other day from you suggested rescue cd weblink. It ran thru what it needed to, and then I got a blue warning screen, it said something about windows did not close properly and if i continued that rescue cd, it might write over my stuff, so I backed out of the cd and rebooted to the LSASS.exe error message.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I am afraid that you have only two options left:

1: XP repair. Instructions written by Admin are in the link in my signature. To be honest, I almost never run the repair because very often it made no better or even worsened the situation. In your case there is nothing to lose. Please note that all windows updates will be wiped off and, possibly, some hardware drivers. Your data will not be damaged but, as a precaution, I would backup anyway.

2: Clean format.This looks like the long way but it's the shortest and the best. Backup your data and scan the files for viruses, using another computer(if you need help with that please let us know). Make sure that you have the installation CDs or files for applications and drivers.

pekkles04

pekkles04

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Can you please tell me how I can backup all my info using another computer, considering, I cannot get into this one? I have an external dvd drive.

How would I do a Clean format?

Thanks!

Edited by pekkles04, 30 March 2010 - 07:35 PM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
To learn how to reformat have a look at this video.

To back up your data:

Download Puppy Linux from my list of links below. Download "puppy 2.16.1 seamonkey fulldrivers.ISO". Burn the ISO file to create a bootable CD. For this purpose you can download BurnCDCC from the links below. It's a very simple tool, used exclusively to burn ISO files.

Insert the disk into the CD/DVD drive and boot the computer. Use the default setting except for choosing screen resolution of 600x800 when given the option to do so. After the program is loaded click the icon that looks like flash disk. This will open the file system and will enable browsing your folders. Find the folders that you want to backup, copy and paste them to another storage device.

If the computer doesn't boot, please set boot order in the BIOS so that the CD drive is first priority boot device.