Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Inspiron 1521 Dead

• Please log in to reply

Mutt3661

Mutt3661

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've got a problem with this laptop, its a Dell Inspiron 1521 and I'm getting no sign of power. The battery has been replaced, I've tested the transformer to ensure that its putting out the 20 volts dc. I've pulled the battery out, tried just wall power, nothing. Reseated both dimms, reseated hard drive, tried with both of the batteries and just wall power, still nothing. The only light I get is on the transformer telling me it's plugged in. I thought maybe it was the power jack on the laptop, but getting nothing from the batteries kind of removes that as a suspect. Any idea's would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

It sounds like you've already tried all the things I would have normally suggested & I agree, it doesn't look like a transformer or battery issue.

I guess there's a possibility it could be the on/off switch but failing that, it's probably the motherboard. If you have a reputable computer repair shop near by that doesn't charge you a lot for diagnosing the fault, then you might be wise to take it there. I'm assuming here of course that the laptop is out of warranty.