I realize it's been a couple of days, but what application is giving you the "Running Virus Scan" message?
Is your own installed security software or a program you don't recognize?
If you believe you have a malware related problem with your computer please follow the guidance below.
1. Start with steps in the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide
2. Problems still around after using the Cleaning Guide?
If yes, please go to the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal
forum and start a new thread there. In that new thread:
- Describe the symptoms your computer is experiencing
- Post the logs you created from the Cleaning Guide instructions
- Mention any steps from the Cleaning Guide you could not complete and why.
3. Once your thread is posted to the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal
forum, a trained staff member will have a chance to respond and assist you further.
Best of luck and thank you for visiting Geeks to Go.