Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

That was beautiful....but scary!

• Please log in to reply

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I was sitting here working on a log reply about an hour ago now, when the tv beeped and the NWS issued a "severe thunderstorm warning". I gathered the candles and flashlights (hey..I live in the boonies of IL...we lose power a LOT). Then I went to look outside, and the storm rushing in was absolutely AMAZING looking! I started snapping pics as fast as I could. Within just a few short minutes, hail was pelting me and I ran inside. Before I could even shut my pc down, the wind had gotten so bad you couldn't even see out the window...literally. They're saying on the news now it was 70mph straight line winds. I decided to forget the pc, grabbed the cats and my girls, and we headed down to the basement. Ten minutes later, it was over. I DID manage to get some gorgeous shots of Mother Nature in all her glory..and of the GIANT hail we had afterwards still lying on the ground!!

Here is the storm pics!

All is well now, just slight winds and grey skies...light rain falling. The old saying is very true..."If you don't like the weather right now in Illinois...stay a few minutes". :tazz:

Advertisements

dismount

dismount

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
The last picture looks like it was from the movie twister! Glad everything turned out alright!

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
wow! any vehicle damage? Man it does look like u live in the boonies!

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
no damage! I got my car in the garage earlier before it hit.

We're not really in the "boonies" but we have no "neighbors" very close, and no kind of "cover". It's just flat and open.

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Wow. ;)

You might wanna keep some backup PCs down in the basement, set up with backup dial-up accounts. That is what I do. :tazz:

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
I didn't even have time to shut down...OR say BRB to my friend Nerelda I was chatting to at the time. :tazz: We just hauled booty downstairs...and my 10 yr old was bawling we were gonna die!

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
:tazz: ;) ;)
You always have to say "brb" or "g2g" !!!

noahdfear

noahdfear

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 1,316 posts
  • MVP
Auntie Em, Auntie Em, where are you? :tazz: ;)

I love storms! ;)

rstones12

rstones12

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 3,731 posts
I live in Arizona so we dont experience those types of storms to often except during the monsoon season.

You think that is amazing I will dig up some dust storm photos. That is a sight...

Edited by rstones12, 19 May 2005 - 11:49 PM.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Just my luck

Sceduled Maintenance from 4am-6am MST.

The Photobucket Team

Or did another storm hit ??

:tazz:

Advertisements

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
I just always use imageshack.ws, and for "albums" yesalbum.com.

Edited by jake6535, 20 May 2005 - 08:13 AM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Just my luck

Sceduled Maintenance from 4am-6am MST.
The Photobucket Team

Or did another storm hit ??

;)

View Post

;) They're working now! no, no more storm...at least not like that one! :)

I'm waiting on a website that a certain other Admin mentioned in chat that he feels I need. :tazz:

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
;) I get an error message "cant find photobucket" :tazz:

We had 60 mph winds when it got this direction, not to much damage but got allot of rain... I used to live in Illinois.. Naperville... Awesome town... very nice and clean

;)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
small world! naperville isn't very far from where I am. Where abouts in IN are you? I actually grew up in ECentral IN. :tazz:

Yeah. Photobucket is totally down right now, dangit! ;)

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

:)  I get an error message "cant find photobucket"

Yeah, I looked too, because I have a blog that I have some pics on my blog hosted by PS. :tazz: ;) ;) :) :) :) :yeah: :beer: :woot: :wave: :D :) :) :) :) :)