Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 Problems With Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
NOT ONLY our games.

I work for a game company making 'play by e-mail' historical wargames. The game maps are fairly large and you have to scroll left/right/up/down to look around the maps.

The popups on the bottom interfere with scrolling in our games. I don't know how to turn that off.

Since these are play by e-mail, it requires a player to play his turn and then save it when done to e-mail it to his/her opponent. Normally when you open the GAME, you then have to choose your game file and that 'list' of games normally comes up as the default. However now with Windows 7 it tries to open from or save to the 'last folder'.

This means if you were just browsing music files or something, and then go to open up your game file to play it ... you will start in the music section and then have to navigate around to find the game file.

Can anyone tell me how to fix either or both of these problems?

thanks

dog

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
How about right click your game shortcut and pin it to the Quick Launch menu? Then your game should open where you want it w/o disturbing any other windows you might have open.
Johanna

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
Sorry, you misunderstood the problem.

I click on the icon to open the game, but once you open the game, you have to then select the proper pbem (play by e-mail) file and 'open' it. The problem is though, that when you go to 'open' the file windows takes you back to the same place as the last FILE opened.

So, say I just opened an image in Photoshop and then I decide I'll play one of my games. I open the game and then within the game I go the section to open a pbem file and instead of automatically 'looking' in the game's FOLDER as it did in all other versions of windows, it goes to the location of the image I opened in Photoshop and then I have to navigate my way back to the game's folder to find the pbem file.

Is there a fix for this?