Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xp Explorer History

• Please log in to reply

steliosaa

steliosaa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am a school teacher. I have a laptop running on XP. I left my laptop logged on and went for a coffee in the break. When I returned back my laptop was shutdown and the lit was closed. I logged in and some files were deleted obviously by students. I want to see the Explorers History, Folder Explorer not Internet Explorer, and see if they accessed the tests folder/files so I know if they have copied (copy paste) any tests. Help please. I went to start -> Documents to see my recent files accessed and I saw some private pictures on it thT i haven't opened them since over a year. I also tried the files properties to see the accessed detail and see what time I last accessed it but it was the same time that I was clicking right-click on it to click properties. Help please! Urgent! I want to know if I have to prepare a new test for next week.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I am NOT quite certain what you are asking.
If the question is "Do you have to prepare a new test for next week?"
Only you will know that.
If the students knew what they were doing, they will have accessed the test, read it etc. then Cleared the recent document history, and then opened a couple of other items to fool you into thinking that was ALL they had done.
So the answer to the question, Do I need to prepare a new test, is DO YOU?. I cannot answer that one.
Go to start, go to Control Panel go to Administrative Tools, go to Event Viewer, look at Microsoft Office Sessions, if that is where the test was and you will see when it was last accessed, not the particular test but the Microsoft Office.
Hope that helps.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 17 March 2010 - 01:33 PM.