Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Emachines T2895 problem

• Please log in to reply

McDirk

McDirk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,
Just like to start off by saying i am a relative noob when it comes to computers. I know a little bit about software but not much about hardware.
I am attempting to fix an Emachines T2895. When powered up the green power button light comes on, both the power supply fan and the mother board fan start, and the machine emits one long beep takes a puase and then continues beeping. Their is no signal sent to the monitor. I contacted emachines support and they simply told me it was a hardware problem. From reading other forums i have heard emachines are notorious for bad PSUs could this be the problem even when both fans start and the light comes on? Is it likely the motherboard is also gone? Anything i could try would be appreciated thanks in advance

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Carefully count how many times the computer beeps. I think Emachines use award bios but this website also has AMI and other bios beep codes if you need them.

http://www.bioscentr...s/awardbeep.htm

Most likely you have a memory problem. Reseat the memory and try again. Replace the memory with known good memory next.

SRX660