Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why does WZC (Wireless Zero Config.) stop?

• Please log in to reply

delawaredrew

delawaredrew

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
Hi.
Can anyone tell me why XP Home on my laptop seems to stop the Wireless Service Configuration on its own? I have a Linksys WPC54G card and the matching router. My wireless keeps crashing and the only solution I found is to go into services.msc and restart WZC. It will crash randomly, but seems to happen when I let the laptop sit connected for a short while (5-10 minutes) unused. Sometimes only a restart of XP home will do the trick. I've been thru all the XP troubleshooting and also some online stuff, initially the Linksys online test revealed that a network bridge (?) was causing the prob, but that seems to have only been part of it. I don't know what the bridge is or was, but it is no longer in the network connection box. Yet the problem remains.
Drew

Advertisements