Just incase the issue isn't the backlight, do you have any remedy suggestions?
1. There's never been any gradual degradation of the backlight; it's always been bright, never dimmed in any area on the screen.
2. I used to be able to close the lid for a minute and when I re-opened the lid, the backlight would be on, allowing me to view my desktop.
3. Sometimes, however, closing the lid would not work and I would need to hold the power button to power off and try again.
4. Last night, I noticed that I could hold a flashlight to the screen and see my desktop through the blackness.
5. I connected the laptop to a CRT computer monitor and can work on my laptop that way.
Here's what I tried, which didn't resolve the issue:
- I ran ccleaner to clean files and registry
- I ran disc defrag on drive c://
- On the properties page of C:, I ran "Error-Checking" under the tools tab.
- Ran virus scan, which came back clean.
I heard that I may need a BIOS update, but I'm not sure how to go about that and didn't want to mess around with the BIOS without guidance. According to system tools, my BIOS version is from year 2002.
Edited by dbrupp, 18 March 2010 - 08:38 AM.